"It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it." - Edward Abbey
As required by our insurance company, all field trip/outdoor activity participants must sign a waiver of liability. Participating in a field trip or outdoor activity carries with it certain risks and this agreement is necessary for the benefit of HOBAS and participants.
A copy of the waiver can be found here. We appreciate your understanding.
Sunday, April 14, 2019 - 9:00 AM
In the middle of densely populated Seaford on the South Shore, is an historic and beautiful 84-acre sanctuary of oak forests, ponds, streams, small mammals and scores of bird species, all of which can viewed via five miles of clearly marked trails.
Registration: (585) 880-0915
Directions: Take Rt 135 south to its end at Merrick Road in Seaford and drive east for a half mile, then turn left onto Washington Avenue. Meet at 2225 Washington Ave. Seaford, just north of the big Dunkin Donuts parking lot.
ABOUT THE FIELD TRIPS
- Field trips organized by Huntington-Oyster Bay Audubon are free, unless otherwise specified, and open to the public. However, some special activities may be open only to Huntington-Oyster Bay Audubon members.
- Newcomers are most welcome. Binoculars and field guides are strongly advised, but leaders usually have some field guides to share.
- Directions to the site are published in our newsletter, website and Facebook page. We urge you to save the directions.
- Please arrive before the departure time listed in the trip description. Trips will leave promptly at the time given.
- Carpooling is possible, gas and tolls are shared. Contact the trip leader to see if anyone has expressed interest. The trip leader is not responsible for arranging carpools, just giving you names of others who are interested in carpooling.
- Registration is necessary. Call the trip leader by 9:00 PM on Thursday for a Saturday trip and by 9:00 PM Friday for a Sunday trip. Be sure to leave your phone number. You may participate if you didn’t register, but we will not be able to notify you of any changes or cancellations without your phone number.
- Dress for the weather realizing you’ll be outdoors for long periods of time. Bring water, proper footwear, snacks and if the trip is for a full day, bring a bag lunch. Bring money to cover your share of any carpooling expenses as well as any required entry fees at our destinations.
- Rain or temperature below 20° F cancels (sometimes!). Be sure to check our Facebook page the night before or morning of to check if inclement weather has caused us to cancel the trip.
- For the health, safety and comfort of all field trip participants, please refrain from smoking or wearing perfumes or colognes on HOBAS field trips